Raya Abigail Ritter!!

Get this Baby out! -- off to the hospital: lalalalala Labor .... so here's the rundown: Jeff and I left for the hospital at 8:00 am in the morning, for some strange reason (not that being 9 months pregnant is any excuse) I was emotional -- it was leaving Seth and Levi, I hate leaving them -- seriously, the only time I've really been away from Seth is was when Levi was born, and this is my first time being away from Levi. SO, at 10:30 I began my inducement. My nurse was absolutely AMAZING, she even tucked Jeff in for a nap with blankets she warmed in the microwave. I really felt like we had a special relationship, did I say she was amazing? -- I need to get a picture of her. Once I got settled, I realized how nice this was. Ok, mothers when was the last time you had a room absolutely silent, with not obligations? Suffice it to say I took full advantage of the comfy bed and fridge stocked with chocolate milk. Around 12:00 my water began leaking, this has never happened, I've always had to have my water ruptured -- and once it was ruptured the baby was out in 2 hours .. so they sent for the epidural with the thought the baby would come out soon. --- but my water leaked slowly. It didn't bother me though I was still relaxing, but no longer able to drink chocolate milk. Around 4:30 (everyone was under the impression that my water was gone at this point) I began feeling nauseous... so they checked me and I still had water. WHAT! that's why this was taking so long -- I was getting hungry too, so I started moving and finally decided that I should probably get this thing going. Apparently I have 5 times the normal amount of water than the average woman, and my sac is a lot tougher. My Dr. came and broke the rest (to many nurses disbelief) of my water at 5:40, then everything happened so fast. In a second I had tears in my eyes and was yelling for Jeff to "PRESS THE BUTTON!!!" (meaning my epidural) I heard my nurse yell "grab a gown, call for another nurse, I don't have anything ready it's all outside the door!" My doctor yell, "Rachael, just breath through it and don't push!" Raya was born at 5:45. I was laughing while I pushed, it was so ridiculous. It's a good thing I didn't break the water myself! I'd of had a baby on the floor. but also... it's a shame Dr. Tren was swamped at the office and couldn't come sooner, because I could of had this baby a lot sooner. Anyways Raya was born 8 pound 8 ounces 20.6 inches. And here's her first bath --- SHE HAS HAIR! I love that she looks different than the boys. When Levi came out, I was like "oh, another Seth."My boys with my girl :) We love our little girl!

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

She's adorable!!! I'm glad things went so quick (that's amazing how quick once your water broke). So cute! It makes me want another little one - although I'll just ignore that want for awhile longer. Congrats!!!

Karen said...

Congratulations!! She's adorable. Can't wait to see her in person.

Anonymous said...

Raya is just beautiful. I'm so happy you are both safe and sound. And it's got to be soooo nice not to be pregnant anymore. I can't wait!!!

Child of God said...

Rachael you look beautiful for just giving birth. You're right she doesn't look like the boys. She has hair and its dark. Welcome Raya you are going to love your brothers.

miriam said...

She is so cute! Congratulations!! And you look so great. And while she isn't "another Seth " :) she is definitely his sister! So fun!

Roamoff said...

Cool! 2 boys and now a girl. I'm so happy for you.

Unc Rodger

Post a Comment