Am I insane because this doesn't make me insane?

I find it comical that one of the first questions the boys ask me every morning is:
"What are we doing today mommy?"

So,  for the 'ole family record.  Here's a weekly rundown for the Ritters:

Monday: aerobics/playgroup 9:00-10:00
Tuesday: P.S I love you preschool 9:00- 11:30
Wednesday:  Library Storytimes 9:00-11:00
Thursday: aerobics/playgroup 9:00-10:00; Library Storytime 10:30-11:00
Friday: Science Center 10:00-11:00
Saturday: Swimming Lessons 10:30-11:00; Lunch at the Science Center

and if I'm not attending one of these activities it is because I am having a playgroup or something along those lines. (music time and soccer will be added to this shortly)

Recently I was in a group discussion with "over scheduling" your children ... hmmm... and it made me reflect a bit, but honestly this works for us.  I'm not stressed, I don't feel like my children are stressed so it works for us.  I still have five hours for them to play and read before Jeff gets home (then it's even more play: too much candyland and wrestling).  I honestly don't know what I would do if I didn't have something to break up the morning!  I get cooped up too easily I guess.




2 comments:

Trista said...

oh my, let me tell you--I think it's a relief to have a schedule, both as the momma and for the kids. Gives us ALL something to look forward to and a plan so we don't just mope about (although we usually plan one of those days in the week as well, lol).

Also keeps me motivated to keep moving! Although, I think it is just going to get more hectic the older they get, which I'm looking forward to. :P

Kirsten said...

I agree, it's nice to have things to do!

Post a Comment