Mother's day weekend

For Mother's Day weekend we headed over to the west side of the state.  It was a bit of an impromptu visit, Jeff's family dog had to be put "to sleep" on Friday, and it was (really) sad.  I didn't like the thought of Jane (my mother-in-law) being sad on Mother's Day weekend, and as egocentric as it may sound, I thought a visit would cheer up the weekend a bit.  The kids were more than thrilled to go.  The kids love grandma and grandpa's house: lots of chocolate to eat, sticks to find, frogs to catch.  I took a nap outside in my squishy mossy grass.  It was green and beautiful.  

 Seth is a chess fiend! Luckily there are so many people willing to play with him.
 "I love my Mom because she gives me vitamins almost every day." -- I can hear Seth's voice so clearly when I read this.  This is so Seth, I love it and him.

 Cougar twinners.
 At an overpriced garden, it was lovely but really, you go to someone's backyard on Whidbey Island and it's lovely.
 Harp concert:


 I made sure to get in some photos, I seem to be lacking lately in my family record.

 Family picture: BUST
 Love this boy!
 I love this flower ... seriously, love it.


For Mother's Day Jeff took me out on Saturday for dinner.  We ate at a new restaurant on the island, and I loved it!  I loved the colors, the table and chairs, the silverware, the napkins, the food, the waiters, the timing of the food.  It was all wonderful.  I think we'll make it a tradition to eat their because I really don't "love" a lot of restaurants. It was really nice just to have some time with Jeff.  It was also nice eating a meal and not having to worry about someone spilling their milk.  For my mother's day activity with the kids we went to "Paint My World" -- where we helped the kids each paint and personalize a plate, another activity I think we'll make a tradition.

1 comments:

Post a Comment