Ellensburg........Ho?

To Ellensburg we go? Well, nothing is official yet but there is a fairly decent chance that by either Summer of Fall of 2009 we will be enjoying eastern Washington from a different vantage point. No more Pullman, no more PU2, no more WSU. It very well be off to CWU we go for a masters in biology. I'm waiting to hear back from a professor but I could start as early as this summer which means we would have to find a house, pack up, and move by the start of CWU's summer session. If this all goes through I would spend two years at CWU and then be ready for another application cycle by 2011. Exciting times. Children Seth got a car bed. It is pretty sweet, and I must say I wouldn't mind sleeping in it myself, except that Seth wouldn't let me. We were therefore able to convert Seth's bed back into a crib and move Levi out of the bassinet (which is in our room). I can't describe how much better this is for my sleep. Even if I have to get out of bed during the middle of the night I don't have to wake up every time he does. I feel bad for Rachael though, she has the ears of a bat. Expelled Not that anyone really reads this blog, but just in case I thought it would be good to point something out. Being interested in biology (what with the undergrad degree in biology and going for a masters of the same) I am also interested in Ben Stein's new documentary about intelligent design. I'm not going to get too much into the movie, but if anyone reading this blog is interested I would suggest going here. Apparently the movie espouses some of the worst myths promulgated by the ID movement and attempts to link evolutionary theory ("Darwinism") to the holocaust, Nazism, Stalin and more. Just so were clear, there is no scientific debate about IF evolution happened. Some mechanisms still need to be fleshed out but anyone who tells you "a lot of credible scientists don't even believe in it" is woefully ignorant of the facts or intentionally lying to you. Thats my rant for the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment