I just can't say "no"

So this blog post is not intended to be whiny, but it will most undoubtedly come off as such. This blog really isn't even intended for you, I just want to reflect and record on a particularly busy time in my life and think later on ... "man, I was awesome!" Wednesday I bought a house. Wednesday I bought a house and signed mounds of paperwork hauling kids (plus being pregnant) in multiple meetings. Thursday I started to paint my house with two kids. Not fun, and I wouldn't advise it. Boxed, cleaned, boxed, cleaned. -- But I still went to knitting group! Friday Jeff and I moved over mattresses so we could stay up late and paint in the dark while the kids were asleep. I wouldn't advise painting in an unlit room either :) Moved boxes, organized, set up kitchen. So I'm busy with the house painting and organizing ... then I add 180 wedding invitations to make (for my sister's wedding)... then I add the thought of the promised-made unity candle in the back of my mind (for my future sister-in-law's wedding) ... then on Wednesday I add another kid for 7 or so hours (babysitting) and will continue to watch until Friday for 7 or so hours ... Monday the living room is finally painted, and start painting the playroom ... Kitchen is organized by Monday. This past week I've hauled two kids shopping 3 times to walmart, 1 time to Tristate, 1 time to Dissmores, 2 times to Winco and 1 time to Bed Bath and Beyond (which should really count as 5 times because I stayed there an hour). Tuesday go to my doctor's appointment with two kids. The receptionist had to call me in for my appointment from outside as my two little boys ran barefoot going up and down a hill (they wouldn't stay in the foyer). They escaped out of the clinic once, and I had about three nurses at any given time try to contain the barefoot-loonies in the doctor's office! -- It's a good thing they're so cute, and the nurses just laughed and laughed at them. They both came home with about eight stickers. Tuesday, added on new responsibilities to my calling as compassionate service worker ... organize meals for two ladies and try and organize help for cleaning/packing ... Also put together primary appreciation treat for Sunday ... Wednesday picked out carpet (with three kids) and begin ripping out carpet tonight (Thursday) for installation on Friday. I even did my visiting teaching today. And might I add I'm about 6 months pregnant. And I don't due pregnancy well. It's probably horrid for me to say, but I don't find my pregnancies "beautiful" or any other romanticized notions. I'm tired, I'm sick, and my feet are poofy. That is not beautiful. That's annoying. -- But a lot can be said for mind over matter -- and I always find a full plate clears up my nausea -- heck I haven't felt sick all week, I've been too busy!

5 comments:

miriam said...

holy cow I got tired just reading that! we'll be gone the next 2 weekends but I'll be here during the week (Tues-Fri) if you need help! I'm serious! Like babysitting, or even going shopping with you or whatever!

Child of God said...

You are amazing. That's why I always look up to you. Don't forget, like you don't have enough to do already, to post some pictures of the house. I would love to see some.

NicKim Family said...

Oh man lady! I got tired just reading that, but like you, I tend to over schedule myself. I'm so excited that you closed on your place!! Please, if you need a moment, drop the boys off here next week! Wednesday is a good day for me? Oh I loved the "senior pictures" of Seth...your pictures are way better then anything I can take! I'm dying to get a new camera. We got our camera when Lucy was born and it seems SO old and crappy now. Oh, and I'm with Stacey, we need pictures of the new place!

Unknown said...

Whoa there! You are not messing around. Can I help paint?! Or babysit? Or something. Let me know, but that is impressive what you can accomplish in a week.

Deb Lamb said...

Isn't it amazing what Moms can do--not always totally enjoyable, but amazing nonetheless. Your husband and boys are so lucky to have you! You make me smile. Thanks for the blog.

Post a Comment