The Worst Possible Scenario

... What do you think would be the worst possible scenario for new carpet. urine? marker? Ok, ok, fire. I grant you that would probably be the worst thing that could happen to new carpet ... well, we were lucky enough to be spared from fire but not from a 1 gallon bucket of paint! Ahhhh! "Mommy, I spilled paint in my playroom." "Paint?" I'm thinking to myself, that's not possible ... Jeff moved all the cans. Jeff and I hurriedly look in the playroom and low and behold, a giant mound of paint was dumping onto our new carpet. Ahhhh! Jeff: "Where I don't see it." ... oh Jeffrey ... Quick as a cricket (I enjoy that book, it's a good children book if anyone's interested) I turn the paint can over, dash to find the old towels, and start scooping up the mess. Jeff is getting hot water, and paper towels. ... And I had so many plans tonight .... finishing the playroom, organizing our bedroom ... I know I live an exciting life. So we missed the gallon while cleaning up from painting last night (how on earth did we miss that!) And poor Sethy, he's just kind'of stunned and muttering to himself "I made a big mess," "I spilled paint all over, didn't I?" -- Well hopefully he wont feel so bad in the morning, now that we have finally cleaned it up! That's right. I have a new, very high opinion of the wonderful cleaner "oxiclean" and will now rank it up there with Windex. After three hours of elbow grease, two trips to the grocery store, 9 rolls of paper towels, 3 loads of laundry, and two trash bags later we are done. Hopefully. There is this miracle substance that can remove paint from carpet ... but unfortunately for us all the hardware stores were closed, and Shopko? -- didn't even bother calling them. Wal*Mart? Jeff asks the sales clerk, "Do you have any Goof-off?" (It's the paint remover for carpet that was recommended on the internet and Jeff's dad) Sales Clerk: "No, but we have Goo-gone." -- Ah! Imbecile! We don't want to remove stickers! We are so grateful Seth is an honest child, and told us immediately when this occurred. It spared us from more cleaning than necessary. And even better, I'm grateful Seth is such a mature child and didn't put his hands and feet in the paint and start playing instead of immediately informing us. And, random, here's some cute pictures :) Boys at Aidan's birthday party: Sporting dinosaur feet, and doing the dinosaur "egg" toss. Daddy time always makes the boys happy:

4 comments:

miriam said...

I'll have to keep that in mind for if we ever find ourselves with paint on our carpet! My mom had a similar experience with a cleaner....Resolve got Easter egg dye out of our carpet.

Kirsten said...

Isn't it great, the things that wind up on carpet when you have kids?! Yay for good carpet cleaning stuff.

Mrs.Goates said...

Wow, exciting story! (ok- who would have thought 10 years ago that I would think a story about carpet cleaning would be thrilling, but it was! Mainly your writing I think)

I can't believe how quick Levi is growing up! Such a heart breaker!

Wendy said...

Wow I haven't seen pictures of Levi since he was a very chubby baby. He is a cutie! You really lucked out with I kid like Seth too, he was always one of my favorites in nursery. Thanks for spying on my blog, now I can read yours too. :)

Post a Comment