A bit of gloating.

Happy Mother's Day .... to me (mwahaha).  If you can't tell, I had an excellent Mother's Day, well more like weekend, and I want to recap before the reality that Mother's day isn't everyday sinks in a little too deeply (I've changed 4 poop filled diapers today and mopped the floors, made all three beds by myself, taken care/fed/clothed three kids by myself,  pile of dishes, cleaned windows and mirrors in boys room... boys bathroom,  etc etc etc (the monotony of everyday motherhood). Anyways, my very nice, much needed, weekend break:
Saturday I took Raya and just had a "girl's day" -- I know she's only 7 months old but it was really nice just having to worry about one child, and having a bit of quiet.  So we went out to eat, went to Hastings and bought:

There's something about Spring and poetry that mix so well.  I'm excited to revisit some poetry and to read Harold Bloom's insights, I've always enjoyed his criticism.  If anyone would like to read this with me I would enjoy some discussion :)

Then we went to Lawson Garden to read and look at the last of the tulips.  Then we went to Ace and bought some hardware for my kitchen cabinets. I know, I'm that cool.

So, nice relaxing Saturday without worrying about preparing food or cleaning up after anyone... Jeff took care of everyone, he put up the hardware for the cabinets, I got a nap, and he made dinner, and homemade strawberry ice cream.

Sunday, I wake up to find a stack of presents, flowers, a book my boys "wrote" (Jeff dictated), and strawberry crepes.  Life is good.   My favorite line from my boys' book is "They really like how she cleans the kitchen," -- ah, so true.  My stack of presents ended up being a Wii, wii fit plus, sports resort, and a pink wii controller.  Umm.. Jeff definitely surprised me this year!

The rest of the day: a picnic lunch, I took another nap, and Jeff made a delicious homemade vegetable beef soup.

It was such a nice weekend and nice to get an extra big hug at the end of the day from my family saying they love and appreciate me :)



2 comments:

Kelli Dixon said...

Aaawww, how fun! What a great Mother's Day. Apparently Ben thinks Mother's Day isn't "a big deal"... don't worry, I corrected him. We'll give him another chance next year, see if he learned anything.

Tarah said...

Wow, kudo's to Jeff for doing all that, you deserve it all. I had no idea they had pink wii controllers.. cool! I hope you like wii fit...mine has been a lot of fun (expect when they tell me to hold still...hello, that's why i'm doing it to work on my balance...grrr). Love that your boys like how you clean that kitchen, that is precious.

Post a Comment