Nature vs. Nurture

Seth: "M - I - K - E - that spells Mike."
Jeff: "You're right, do you know someone named Mike?"
Seth thinks for a second,  "No.. but the guy who put in our carpet's name is Mike."

Blank stare from Jeff and I ... and quick whispers "Did you remember that? No, not until now."

Jeff: "You're right his name was Mike."
Jeff to me: "We didn't even remember his name and we talked to him."
Seth:  "Yah, and I was three!"

Seth's memory is remarkable... (we put in our new carpet a year ago). So, yah, I think it's more nature than nurture for why my kids are so smart.

... and this was before he counted to 100 by 10s. ... which I haven't taught him yet... He taught himself with a place mat I bought for a dollar at Wal-mart.

1 comments:

NicKim Family said...

What cute shots!! Oh, and I love Raya's shirt - too cute!!

Post a Comment