Brain candy books; I just can't do it.

My wonderful husband surprised me with a book and flowers when I was having a random off-day a couple of weeks ago to cheer me up.  He bought me a light-read "contemporary" book, apparently he thinks all I read is out dated classics. He had heard that it was a popular book and has recently been made into a movie (and if you're thinking Twilight... stop.)

Last week I threw it in the trash.  I've never been so annoyed with a book in my life!  I've never thrown a book in the trash! -- I didn't want to pass on the rubbish. 

So I was searching on our kindle for a free book to read (trying to get the other book out of my head)... and to my confusion that same book I threw away was #1 on kindle's top book (whatever) list.  I don't get it.

I read Willa Cather's My Antonia in two days and felt much better.  I was pleasantly surprised with the book.  

4 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

I have to know what was the book?

Child of God said...

love the pictures. I also laughed so hard I cried. I'm already quoting him. Happy Birthday Raya.

Mrs.Goates said...

Happy Birthday! So cute - I love princess Raya! I still can't believe in the 4 years Scott and I were in Pullman we never went to silverwood! Something to do with Scott hating amusement park rides - and me loving them ;)

Carolyn said...

My guess is, it was "Eat, Pray, Love". Was it really that bad? I haven't read it, but I was sort of considering it.

Post a Comment