Amazed.

There were a couple of times this past weekend where I had "a moment"  -- when did my kids start growing up?  When did they get so smart?!

Seth was curious about volcanoes, so Jeff and I were discussing how volcanoes are formed, what a dormant volcano means, tectonic plates, the Hawaiian Volcanoes and Mauna Kea (you know normal stuff for a four year old, right?)

Moment 1)
So Levi pipes in, and starts explaining to us about Venus that it is the hottest planet and has a lot of volcanoes.

yes Levi, yes it does.

Moment 2)
Seth is playing trivial pursuit ... he was on grandpa's team.  At first I'm sure it wasn't thought that he would be like an equal contributor ... until

Q. Where are a cricket's ears found?
Seth.  "On their legs!"

Q.  What character was Templeton in Charlotte's Web
Seth.  "The mouse!"

Q.  What city has the most taxis in the world?
Seth.  "New York City!"

... you get the idea.

1 comments:

Tarah said...

Your kids astound me. Actually, you and Jeff astound me because they have to learn this stuff from somewhere, and I'm pretty sure it isn't the TV.

Post a Comment