A start

It was Jeff's first day of school (again).  
This school year should be much more enjoyable than last year ... Jeff is completely done with classes and doesn't have to TA, so now he can completely focus on his research... and also have a more flexible schedule (which I'm sure I'll be taking advantage of more than I should be...)
 It was Seth's Kindergarten orientation tonight, all my reservations from switching from Sunnyside to Jefferson were quickly diminished. 
 It is such a beautiful school!
Jeff and I walked hand in hand as Seth led the way to his new school.  Excitement, Apprehension, Curiosity -- he walked with his arms wrapped tightly together -- you could tell he was bottled with varying and extreme emotions.  
Seth's apprehension didn't last long -- especially when he saw the poster for the chess club. It was all excitement from then on out.  He looked around his class with excitement, pointing and hollering at us to look at things from across the room as he zigged and zagged from one side of the classroom to the other. He was excited to meet his teacher, and the shoe cubbies, and the lockers, and that Peter was in his class, and the orderliness of the pencils and crayons.  He.Loved.Every.Sight.
A tour of the school was given by students at Jefferson, and I was so impressed with each classroom -- It was immaculate.
Of course... being Jeff's son .... he had to test every water fountain he saw:
They were all in well working order.
It's so exciting... and a little emotional ... but really, -- it's exciting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

After going through through the PSD for 13 years, and then substitute teaching for another 5, I can tell you that Jefferson is my personal favorite and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did. You will find it is 10X as friendly and welcoming as Sunnyside, the switch was a good thing. I hope Seth enjoys kindergarten!

worth reading said...

Thanks LeAnn for you input-- Comments like these will help to remind me that dropping and picking up Seth from school is worth it!

Post a Comment