Goal.

Is it bad to start off a goal, by stating that I hate setting goals? -- Probably.  But I hate setting goals, I'm too flexible and lenient.  (But) I want to be better at record keeping instead of just our highlights.  --  There are all those little moments, and crazy moments I want to remember. So.. goal: write in journal (blog) 5 times a week.

there. I made one. --- makes me shudder, but there you have it.

Today... this week.... Seth has the entire week off of school, and while I thought we would find ourselves relaxing, reading and cuddling on the couch more -- we seem to be even busier!  All those play dates we need to catch up on.

Typical Wednesday, Seth has swimming lessons at 9:00 and I take Levi and Rae swimming.  After lessons are done Seth joins us for free swim.  But since Kindergartners are out of school this week we had some friends join us that are in AM kindergarten.  What a ruckus 4 Kindergartner boys can make!   One family brought squirt toys and snorkels....  balls flying, wrestling, underwater flips and hand stands, cannon balls. Seth was able to play with his friends in the lap pool and race. Definitely more fun then just plain 'ole mom. 

Afterwards we met with a friend for Pizza -- I was surprised that he brought 4 extra kids.... Imagine a teeny tiny pizza shop like maybe 300 sq ft.  (Pizza Perfection) and 8 kids and ... and of course the poor handful adults trying to have a quiet lunch... which ended up staring at me and my friend trying to figure out the puzzle of whose kids were whose, were they all ours -- how did all these children get here?!  It was surprisingly fun and relaxing as I got to catch up with my friend.

Jeff met with Seth's Kindergarten teacher for conference... he is in the 99th percentile.. not that surprised. She said that she rarely gives out 4's and C's for this report card... which he got 95% of... He's smart. I get it.  But what made me the most pleased was that she said that Seth is confident in his abilities, but doesn't boast.  He is thoughtful and kind.  Seriously I am so proud of him I am bursting.

Seth also did awesome at violin practice today.  I am in awe of my kids and how wonderfully talented they are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment