Pirates find treasure

The kids and I were over at a friends house for a playdate this morning.  They were pretending to be pirates -- finding and burying treasure, and my friend and I were having a whack at metal stamping.

The time rolls around to 11:30, and I'm needing to get one of my little buccaneers off to school.
But... no car keys.  
We looked and re-looked everywhere for 30 minutes.
Finally I broke down and called Jeff.... who doesn't have a license... and who biked to work... to come and rescue us.
I should mention that my friend lives 10 minutes out of Moscow (so 30 minutes from Jeff) on a large remote farm land.
Not the most ideal place to lose ones set of keys.

After my friend left to drop her little guy off at Montessori and Jeff was biking his way home.  I find the keys!

Raya... my dear sweet little two-year-old Raya looted my keys playing pirates!
I found them in the pocket of her raincoat. 
I'm just glad she didn't bury them with the other treasure.
(marbles, sticks, and trucks)

So, Seth didn't go to school today,
instead we went thrift-shopping for spoons
to make these.
Not a bad end if I do say so myself!


1 comments:

The Suave Sparrow said...

Glad you finally found your keys, hate when that happens! Those spoons look fabulous, I have really wanted to learn metal stamping... maybe teach the Ritter ladies ;)

Post a Comment