Victory! Victory!

Ok, this post is not for the weak stomached person. Seth pooped in his potty!!! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) You honestly don't know how exciting this is. And even if you are aware of the potty problems that we've encountered over the last year, you still don't know how exciting this is. (!!!!!!!) We started potty training a little before he was two! -- Seth's had urinating down for over a year! We've been waiting patiently ("oh, it will happen when it happens") for this memorable poop day for a year and a half! It was so gross! So we decided 4 days ago (?) just to let Seth sleep through the night in underwear. Because up until then Seth would just hold in his poop until we put a diaper on him at night. I was skeptical, I wasn't thrilled about the idea of cleaning up poop in underwear - I shudder at the thought. Soo... for the last 4 days Seth has held in his poop, and I've been dreading and waiting for him to explode. But he went in the potty, I'm so relieved -- and out of the Seth's mouth: "I pooped in my potty! It kind'of looks like a worm." --- you can imagine why it looked like a worm, and I'll refer you back to the 4 day hold-in. So, it was the most disgusting moment of my life -- and it is so comical because I had to smile my way through it. "Congratulations Sethy!" -- exit the bathroom (blehhh, bleeehhh) trying to hold in vomit -- Return to bathroom Seth is hovering over his potty in awe -- hurriedly I plop the poop into the toilet, exit the bathroom -- (blehh, blehhh, blehhh,) --- Come back flush, "Should we call daddy! You're such a big boy!" --- exit, must get phone quick. Poor Seth he was standing in the bathroom waiting to be wiped for like 5 minutes before I could recompose myself. Is potty training supposed to be this difficult? Well Seth is strutting around with his chest puffed out, -- he's a big boy! And daddy came home with Lucky Charms for a reward. All-in-all not too bad of a turn out.

5 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

Hilarious. It is really sad how much we know about our children's digestive systems! When I complained to my mom about it once, she said, just think though - one day you might not know what is going on in your kid's life on a day to day basis - so endure the poop and love the other moments!

Trista said...

Getting Brooklyn to use the big potty made a WORLD of difference, as did using flushable wipes!! I've been stockpiling those everytime I can find them on a decent sale b/c I will use them for as long as I am wiping any kid's butt on the potty, lol.

Deb Lamb said...

Rachael, every mom out there knows your joy. After all, who else would find themselves dancing around the toilet in glee, examining the shape, color and size of the object being celebrated, and considering its arrival one of the top ten events of the year? Congratulations! It really is exciting.

NicKim Family said...

Oh I love Andrea's comment on your post too...Congrats to Seth and you too! It is so great to have that hurdle crossed. Lucy has been doing this for awhile now, but she still gets excited every time and wants me to come look. She'll count them and describe it to me, and I just smile and flush.

Grandma Ritter said...

Grandma & Grandpa are so proud of you Seth. What a big boy. We love you and Levi soooooooooooooo much. You are growing up so fast. We are so excited that now we will have another grandchild to love. God has blessed us so much. Love Grandma

Post a Comment