Shaving: Trial and Error -- or just Error.

So this is a really old picture of Seth, I think he's 14 months (Isn't he CUTE?!). I love this picture, I have some really cute kids. I'm still unable to upload pictures to my computer so old ones will have to suffice. Anyways, just wanted to write down this memory for memory's sake, too bad it's not an overly happy one :( Seth was in the bathroom doing his duty (he likes his privacy), and after he was done he found Jeff's razor. I can see the chain of thought, he's a big boy -- he can use the potty, why not shave like daddy? Poor Sethy, I come in after five minutes to make sure everything was ok and he just looks at me, "Mommy, I'm bleeding." OH it was heartbreaking! He cut his chin up badly and he had blood rolling down his face, and on his hands, and small scratches on his finger and cheek. There was toilet paper on the floor from where he tried to clean up the mess himself. It wasn't a terrible cut, but Seth has never seen so much blood, especially from him! He was really shaken up for the rest of the day, and even in the morning when we took the band aid off (he vomited). Oh Sethy. So this is his first "accident" I guess, even though it wasn't serious or really an accident.

3 comments:

Kate Clayton said...

Poor guy! I hope he is feeling better. Seth really is a darling little guy!

Tarah said...

wow, he is a big boy. kember would have been screaming (actually Caden too) and demanding band-aids, but Seth tried to clean it up by himself and didn't even get you. I'm totally impressed, sad that he got hurt, but impressed. Oh, and can I be invited to your blog?

Mrs.Goates said...

Just to add to the story, in primary we asked him what had happened and he just looked at me like it was all too traumatic to even mention. Poor guy! Love the picture though - he and Levi are so similar!

Post a Comment