And another thing

I want to write down some randomness before I forget.

The boys have become quite competitive lately ... and independent, they fight over and cry over ...
Who gets to take the larger laundry basket to the laundry room.
Who gets to take out the recycling.
And yes, who gets to take the poopy diapers to the outside trashcan.

Clearly, I am using their competitiveness to my own advantage :)


Levi's dinner prayer tonight:

"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the day...
                                    thank you for the little girl who lives down the lane...
                                     (looks up) HA! HA!"
He thought he was so clever and funny, which he is, and if you don't get it -- he incorporated baa baa black sheep into his prayer.



I should probably make note that Seth's reading has really been taking off lately.  He just seems to be reading everything now... when we take a drive, there's Seth in the back seat ... "Old.. Navvy, Winco, Wingers..." I love that Seth loves learning.  His drive for knowledge gets me excited, and I find that I am learning right along with him.  Today I learned about the Kuiper Belt, and also, I never put it into perspective, but the Sun makes up 99% of everything in the solar system. What you can learn in a children book. And if you didn't know, Seth wants to be an astronaut when he grows up. Here's him reading "Peedie.



Random nickname... Raya at the moment is called "Baby- Wan Kenobi," like Obi- Wan Kenobi. Train of thought, I call Levi "little one," so I was calling Raya "baby one." -- which turned into Baby- Wan Kenobi. Also, I find myself singing the limp bitzkit song "Keep rollin, rollin rollin,"  and "Let me see my baby roll," (a twist from "let me see that tootsie roll"), I know totally random, and maybe even inappropriate... I don't really even know the real songs.. just the chorus and I find myself singing them to Raya when we're playing on the floor and she's rolling around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment