Another blog

I feel like I should be blogging everyday; I don't want to forget anything.  My attempts to capture the little moments in life and to greater appreciate them.

Seth and Levi like to color and doodle, make books etc.  And what do I do with all these little books and pictures? I save them for a while, but then inevitably I throw them away, because I abhor clutter.  I'm giving myself a new goal to at least take a picture of what they have created before I throw it away... so far I've taken one picture :) Here's one of Seth's many poetry books that  he has entitled "The Owl And The Cat." (He loves the poem, "The Owl and the Pussy Cat.")


I know, blue sand.. cool huh?  The only problem is after long hours of practically swimming in their sandbox my kids emerge as smurfs.  This particular day I couldn't wipe the sand off of them, and instead of having blue sand all over my house I opted to spray them down with a hose... they didn't like the power washing, and the sand still wouldn't come off so I fill up the pool and hope that it will wash off with a soak.  Jeff comes home to one kid naked, one in underwear, and one fully dressed -- all drenched and STILL sandy.  Me? I have my hands on my head waiting for Jeff to save me -- or at least get some towels.  It was pretty hilarious.


Freedom. The straps of responsibility are finally loosening.  Three kids are a lot of work; that's why days like this are wonderful -- Sethy made his bed without the slightest encouragement.  It may not look like much to you, but it's a wonderful sight to me... and this is as well:

The same morning Levi dressed himself :) -- I love his twisted shorts.

AND the same morning Raya began mooing when she was playing with "calfie" -- ok that isn't really lightening any work of load, but it sure was cute!

Yesterday was a nice day -- beautiful weather, farmer's market, picnic, swimming, concert.  And this little girl is so cute.  I didn't want to take my camera so I had to snap a picture of her before we left.

Oh, and she's been doing a lot of this lately:




She took her first step today!

Also, today Seth finished up swimming lessons and will now be moving to the bigger pool.  He's doing great.  I finally brought my camera to one of the library programs today... it was firefighter's read and the boys dressed up as firefighters (unfortunately they took off their costumes before I could get a picture).  The fire captain really likes the boys and was delighted when he saw them in gear.  I love our community and how close knit we can become.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment