Every Wednesday is Christmas

If you know me, you know I love the library, and I'm glad my kids do too.  Every Wednesday is an exciting day because we get to bring home a loot of books, enabling us to learn about different places, peoples, times, or just exploring imagination.  Wednesday is a good day. We've been going to the library 1-2 times a week since Seth was about 5 months old and I don't have very many pictures so I thought I'd document a little bit today.

I was a second too late from the cutest shot.  All three kids were holding hands down the brick line towards the library... but Raya decided to do what she does best: RUN.  The girl does not walk anywhere anymore.  And, she is such a stinkin' tease!  (and what happened in this picture) The boys will start walking ahead of her so she'll start calling out "hand, hand, hand" with her arms extended.  Once they come back to take her hand, she'll laugh and take off!  -- Anyways, back to library...  
 Library love:
 We were there early so the kids rode on the boat ... what do you do with a girl that makes faces like this?
 I didn't document Raya's story time.... but here's the thirty minute break before Levi's.  These pictures were all taken within a minute of each other, showing how the kids just situate themselves so comfortably in the library:
 Levi is so cute ... he is reading so well lately too! He can sound out three letter words and I was taken aback a little bit ago when we were reading and he knew the words like ... "goat" or "gate." He loves books, especially very adventurous books, with a lot of imagination in it.  oh... and I'm glad I documented the "Canada" book.  Seth always finds this book and gives it to Levi... Seth is convinced that Levi loves Canada and will live there one day ... and I don't know why.
 Here's Seth perusing the isles. Seth loves (loves) nonfiction books. I have to limit the number of books that he can bring home.. because he would break his back pack.  I'm seriously considering bringing a suitcase to the library.
 Shoving more books into his backpack:
 Storytime:
In between book activity.  Great practice for fine motor skills.
 Pretending to be turtles:
 Seth let me take a picture of him! (!!)
 Levi concentrating very hard on being a turtle... and Raya looking up at Ms. Kathleen.  Raya loves Ms. Kathleen.  She was following her all around the library today.
 Closing it up with flannel board stories. 
I love the library, I can't wait for summer!

2 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

I miss the Pullman library so much! I thought, surely moving to a big city I'll find something similar. Nope. The children's sections of the libraries are teeny-tiny, all the books have rips, and there is never a librarian around. And you have to be there an hour early for story time to get in. I miss Pullman's Library so much. Everytime I go to the library here, I feel like donating to the children's library in Pullman because they are doing such an amazing job.

Courtney said...

I love that you are so involved with your children's love for learning. I love these pictures! I love the library and can't wait to take my future kids there.
I love your blog. If you want to check out mine it is
courtneytravis.blogspot.com

Post a Comment