HELP knitting site names

I've been in cahoots with a local photographer -- I knit her hats, she takes my family's photos.  She suggested that I make an etsy and facebook page to sell my hats and she would market them on her already established sites. I think I might give it a go ... but what's killing me is that I can't think of a name!


Vanilla knits
Savvy knits
Fuse photo props
RR Knits
Miss Knit
K1P2

I can't think of anything I like.  Knit is such an ugly word -- think about what rhymes with it -- bit, fit, hit, it, pit, **** -- short English lesson: sounds help derive the meaning of words.

Jeff suggests: Big Bad Knits, Nightly Knits, Buy My Knits, Crazy-go-Knits, coo-coo for co-co knits, co-co knit, go knits knitting, go knits nutting, Hungry like the wolf knits, baseball starts soon knits, I'm knit crazy!, She loves me, she loves me knit, knitting ball, moonlit knits, Knitting with your host Rachael Ritter, I'm sitting on a couch knitting you a hat, knit happens

Sorry, the above was for my own amusement, but I have to say, "I'm sitting on a couch knitting you a hat" has a certain ring and is pretty tempting!





11 comments:

Kelli Dixon said...

Haha, I kind of like Knit Happens...

Laurel said...

I think knit happens is way awesome...

worth reading said...

haha... maybe I should name off some of the others we came up with ;) -- ahh... but seriously do you think I should go with knit happens??

Kelli Dixon said...

Yes! I think it makes knitting sound hip and cool... not just for old ladies any more :)

The Suave Sparrow said...

Knitter Ritter :)

worth reading said...

Kelli, you are so funny, I just don't know if I can commit to a name that associates myself with **** (!) -- I'm starting to like Moonlit knits, or maybe Sunlit Knits -- I know corny right?

Jessica, Great minds think a like :) Jeff suggested that last night for a screen name for etsy.

Mrs.Goates said...

So from what I understand with etsy you should include knit and hats in the name because it will bring up your pictures quicker on a search... I know that doesn't help - but if you want to make money - that's the way to go. But knit hats really isn't a catchy phrase is it?

Good luck and good for you... And I do like Knit Happens... and if Miss Knit is taken maybe Little Miss Knit? I don't know I'm with you - I never started an etsy account for this exact reason.

worth reading said...

I've decided. DearMissKnit. thank you for your time. :)

Tarah said...

I was going to throw in my two cents, but you've already decided, so I'll just say "Good Luck!" I hope it goes really well for you. If I ever need a knit hat, I'll let you know!

Child of God said...

What about KnitWhit?

Carolyn said...

Ha! I like Crazy-go-Knit! That's my vote. Good luck, Rachael. You do make some sweet hats. :)

Post a Comment