Some Firsts

It was Raya's first day of nursery and Levi's first talk at church today!

It was fun watching Levi get excited preparing for his talk and practicing it, then when the time came seeing the excitement turn to some nervousness. But, Levi did great, he spoke clearly and loudly.  My favorite part was when he said "revelation," why is it some words are so cute when children say them?

As for Raya, I was a bit concerned.  Especially since when I walked her into nursery, instantly one of the boys came over to hug her ... then began smushing her chubby cheeks (that cute little cherubic face is irresistible).  It was a bit of a chaotic hour so I decided to stay -- I didn't want Raya to have a bad experience.  But she loved the organized structure of it all.  The snack time and music time, clean up, lesson and book time.  She is very punctual and followed all the cues.   I decided to leave for the second hour since the rambunctiousness had settled down and Raya seemed comfortable.  When I came back an hour later I found her in the middle of a gaggle of little girls: one on each side of her and another two in front of her, all intently watching her put on her shoes. What can I say? Raya always attracts a crowd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment