Seth and soccer

Today was the first day that I actually sat down and 100% watched Seth play soccer, like on the side lines not at a distance from the school playground. -- How did he get so good?  I never practice with him.  I know I'm blinded when it comes to my children, but seriously, Seth showed great ball control.  He is so focused too!

It's a huge leap from the casual Saturday get-to-know soccer fun games, to these scrimmage bouts where Seth is fearlessly swiping the ball from kids a head taller than him (it's a K-1st grade team).

A comment from Seth's Montessori teacher resurfaced as I was watching him, that Seth is a leader by example.  He knows what to do and is so sure of himself that the other kids just follow his lead.

I LOVE being a soccer mom -- I couldn't contain myself from applauding and cheering on the players.  Love, love love.

side note:  I brought Levi's bike again to Seth's soccer practice... the older kids with their bikes (I'm guessing they were around 8 years old) couldn't believe that Levi was only 3 -- He even raced one of them (and won....)

0 comments:

Post a Comment