Ice skating

I was even a little hesitant about bringing three kids ice skating by myself.... seriously I have ice skated like 5 times? ... Levi none, Raya none.  Seth, he could hold his own, but I was still out numbered.  But my friend really wanted to go ... and I have a hard time saying no :) And I'm glad we went! It was a blast.  The tot skate on Thursday is for younger kids, and there is really no one there... I let Raya "skate" on the ice with her shoes and gave her a walker to help her glide.  She felt independent without me having to walk her, and I could tell she really liked being a "big kid" like Seth and Levi.

Raya was so funny, anytime she or the boys took a fall... she would yell, "plop." -- "There's Levi ... plop."  "Sethy.. plop."  Where did she learn the word "plop?!" -- It was also pretty funny when she would start to rolling around on the ice... like on her stomach and back.  She is quite the entertainer... and will do anything for a laugh.

Levi did awesome, he used a walker but did everything by himself.  I was afraid I was going to be bent over holding him to the walker the hold time pushing him around the rink...  but he even ventured out a few times on his own with out the walker!  He did so well for his first time,  I was so surprised (I usually am with him :))

Seth spent his time skating from one end of the rink to the other, by the end he was a sweaty mess.  


We loved ice skating! I wish I would have known about the tot time sooner. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment