Oh boys.

 

I walk into scenes like this too frequently.  I thought it was comical, until I had to rewrap the ball of yarn.  The boys are so funny, they insist that Raya needs her scepter and bring it to her throughout the day.  

Speaking of my boys ...

So dinner time has become my least favorite time of the day now.  We usually have to start dinner without Jeff, so it's just me verse the kids.  I cook and distribute dinner just for me to threaten the boys to high heaven and back again ... just to eat one ... little ... bite!  Some common pleadings: Stop playing with your food!... Cup in the center ... Please, use your fork ... Keep your hands to yourself ... Do I need to separate you two? ... Your cup is not a hat ... Stop dropping your cup! ... You're going to bed hungry --- and on and on and on. 

It's ridiculous!

Well, tonight was a real winner of a night. hahaha. I made Italian chicken cuscus.

Seth: "What is this?"
Mommy: "It's cuscus."
Seth: "You mean dumb-dumb."

Sethy says the prayer... it probably was a nice prayer. I couldn't hear it over Levi's "I don't want a prayer, I don't want a prayer, I don't want a prayer!"

After Seth's done saying the prayer Levi stops yelling and tells Seth, "I took your prayer and I ate it! Nam-nam!"

Seth in genuine distress looks at me with teary eyes, "Mommy, Levi ate my prayer!"
Levi: "I threw your prayer into the living room."
Seth: "I caught my prayer!"
Mommy: ...  ignoring the boys and scarfing down food.

An intermission of sound threatenings of hunger resumes, and the boys get a bit ballistic.  Seth is picking at his eyelashes saying, "I'm taking the carrots out of my eyes!" -- He is stuck on the idea that carrots give you good eyes.  And Levi is just shaking his head as fast as he can going, "ahahahahhaahaa."

Have I mentioned that dinnertime is my least favorite time of the day? 

At least it was dollar scoop Tuesday at Baskin Robins! -- And that Jeff took over when he came home and practically fed the boys their dinner. 










2 comments:

Child of God said...

I love this post. I laughed so hard. I am amazed at you Rachael. I always have you up on this pedestal as a mother because you are an amazing mother, and then you tell me stories like that and I realize you are a mother too. I hope you took that as a compliment because it was meant as one. I love your kids.

Mrs.Goates said...

Yea, when it is me vs. the kids for meals, I end up reading books, and Elaine can't get a page turned unless she takes a bite... Meanwhile when she is eating I sneak in some bites for Joyce. Otherwise I'm chasing Elaine down between Joyce's screams.

Post a Comment