Poop.

I know it's not a very creative title.. but considering my day, and the state I am in now, poop seems pretty accurate.  

Raya was in extreme, excruciating pain last night; culprit? Constipation.  She was sobbing, I've never heard her cry like that, it was utterly heartbreaking.  She was only content if I was holding her (not Jeff) and slept cradled in my arms, of course until I had to move and then  she would wake right up and start sobbing again.  It was a rough night.

The boys woke up at 6:45 am and woke everyone up with them (including a sleeping Raya), asking for lucky charms, their vitamins, water with crushed ice and everything else under the sun, those boys. As Jeff left to go to work it was at a peak in my day,  Seth was on the toilet asking to be wiped, Raya's poop plug had come out, and Levi was lying on his bedroom floor saying, "Change my diaper!" -- 8:15 am.  Does anyone else have their days go in waves of calmness and then turbulence? 8:15 was turbulence.  Signing Time brought calmness and a cleaned up mommy.   9:00 we were out the door for swimming lessons.

Swimming lessons... everything was calm, Raya slept, it was good.

Turbulence when we came home.  Seth was asking for lunch at 10:30, Raya is awake and hungry, feed Raya -- Leave Raya in living room with the boys entertaining her while I clean up everything I wasn't able to do this morning (which was a lot: unloading dish washer, dishes, beds, living room, etc).  Look and notice that Raya had pooped all over my new white Rug in the living room.  I wont go into details, but it was a lot.  Clean up, start laundry (Seth's still hungry), get lunch and boys fed 11:40 (an hour later than Seth wanted).  Feed Raya and myself, clean lunch, Raya poops again.  2nd outfit for the day.  Clean up, clean up living room, feed Raya, put Raya down for a nap.  Seth peed on the bathroom mat. Finally get around to putting Levi down for a nap and he lies down again, "Change my diaper." -- Then notice Levi got poop on his sheets.  Another load of laundry. And Levi is down for a nap.

Some days are so stupid. Today was a stupid day, there's no other word for it, the amount of laundry and poop and times I've gone to the trash can has been ridiculous! But at least my kids are asleep now, and my house is clean, -- now just laundry to fold, lots of laundry.


3 comments:

Kelli Dixon said...

Wow... that is a lot of poop for one day. I'm sorry, hope tomorrow is a better one!

Karen said...

Wow! Most of my days are either great or chaos like you said, no in between. Hope you get some good sleep tonight.

Tarah said...

Wow...I just don't even know what to say to that post. I feel for ya! I'm sorry it was just a "stupid" day. Sorry for all the poop. But I'm really glad you recorded it all. Everyone will get a huge kick out of this when they all grow up.

Post a Comment