Vatican City and Ear Infections

Seth and Raya had check-ups with the doctor ... Raya is weighing in now at a hefty 19.7 lbs, and I think she's going to remain there for a while.  Apparently she has a raging ear infection as well; good thing she's such a happy baby.  I thought she might since she was batting her ears, but I'm not a fan of putting my kids on antibiotics for an ear infection.  Is it really the antibiotics that they have to take for 10 days that clears it up, or the fact that 10 days passes since the ear infection is noted?  Lets just say my diaper changing will be doubled now because of  antibiotics that might help.  Oh well.

Sethy was a rockstar.  With an attentive doctor listening Sethy dominated the conversation, and loved to show off his knowledge.  Might I add, that Seth has gotten really, really, loud.  He likes to drown out any possible alternative thread of a conversation by talking as forcefully as possible. Oh Sethy, he's so cute. So he sang his alphabet, counted numbers, drew himself playing, bunny hopped, wrote his name etc, etc.  All typical -- then the doctor asked where he lived -- "Pullman, Washington which is on the planet Earth.  -- But not in Oak Harbor, Washington because you have to cross the Columbia River.  And not in Vatican City, because Vatican City is not a city but a country."  -- and then he recited his address, "Our house is 243 Glenoaks Drive." Seth is really into geography, REALLY, REALLY.  He can name his continents and name more countries than most adults and list off major geographical landmarks.  What four year old spends his time using a map (a washrag) and travels throughout the house to meet the gorillas in the rain forests of Africa to the Sahara Desert, or climb the Andes Mountains and visit the Patagonian Penguins?  Suffice it to say the doctor was impressed and I was embarrassed.

The nurse also commented that she had never had a child of his age take shots so well.  As the nurse was injecting him he informed her, "Shots don't hurt, it just feels like a prick."

... and random ... sad that it's blogworthy ...but this doesn't happen to often.  I was crafty! modge podged a vase and finished up leg warmers














3 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

I love Sethie - and the oldest child syndrom - and yes I can see your background :)

Tarah said...

I still can't get over how smart your kids are. I'll admit, I'm slightly jealous, but mostly I just admire your mommy skills. You must be amazing! Well, I already knew that, but you kids just prove it.

Marilou said...

That is awesome!

Post a Comment