Life as a college student strikes again!

Is blogging on a Saturday night pathetic? (never mind don't answer that) Jeff went to the office after the kids were in bed and I mopped the floors (ok, that's lame).  So I uploaded pictures in my down time from cleaning the house... voila



Sethy is a book fiend... he wakes up to books, he listens to books, he ... really only watches reading rainbow now a days.. and he goes to bed reading books.  He's starting to read chapter books... and that seriously freaks me out.  He doesn't start kindergarten for another year... how can I send him to school to learn his abc's when his reading level will be like in 5th grade by next year... ugghhhh.  It stresses me out (a lot). (deep breath).


Levi got his first black eye... it's worse in real life.

Love this face. 


PIGTAILS!


Another face I love.


So today didn't turn out at all how it was planned, and that's ok.  We were originally going to pick wild huckleberries and have a picnic... but the huckleberries were all gone ... so we were going to do the u-pick.... that wasn't available.  We ended up going to the Moscow farmer's market and letting the boys put blueberries in their pails :) -- then went out for Mexican food... then Wawawai Park (picture above). 

Hiked around a bit.


Or in Jeff's case... skated our kids down on the stroller....
(this streak is made from Jeff's foot being used as a rudder/break)


Said good-bye to the wheat fields.  The farmers were out on their combines.


And last, but certainly not least... (oh Levi,) we went swimming at Reaney.

At least we made up the lame night with an excellent day.




4 comments:

Trista said...

Awww, love the pics!! So, a friend of mine had her child "tested". I know, sounds awful right? Well, she's a bit crazy and thinks her kid is amazing and needs to go into Kindergarten this year instead of next and sent her child through a ton of tests to do so. HOWEVER, Seth is well above her level.

Brooklyn is reading now, but not nearly at the level of Seth. I think she'll still enjoy the other aspects of Kindergarten, but if you think he'll be just dang bored....apparently there are tests you can subject your child to that prove whether or not they can enter Kindergarten a year early...although...you only get 4 1/2 years w/ them before they leave you for school so.....sigh. Your call as a momma. Good luck, you have some smart boys on your hands!!!

worth reading said...

Thanks Trista :) Maybe one day my photos will be as nice as yours.. but I seriously doubt that.

And Seth.... I'm not considering having Seth skip a grade. I think it turns an advantage into a disadvantage. It would be really hard for him to mix amongst his peers when he would be physically so much smaller.. and emotionally not as mature.

I've thought of doing a partial homeschooling ... ? But I'm a bit scared of creating a socially-awkward kid.

It starts getting complicated when your babies get older!

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

All I have to say is that there are lots of Vet students at WSU. Having said that we were one of the few that didn't have pets. And we still don't cause I'm kind of the same way about poop and having kids being scared of our pet.
I wouldn't mind if the pet was already trained and very nice though.

Mrs.Goates said...

But they're just so darn cute though ;) Scott's been trying to convince me to get a pet, but I'm good... Though I see a dog and something in me melts- maybe it's the way I was raised. Maybe someday, but not today.

And are you sure it is from your yard and not one of the parks? I personally have seen how pet owners are around the parks...

Post a Comment