Pets, Kids and Pinworms

Guess what I get to look for?

mmm.... you're lucky I didn't upload the picture of these little buggers in poop.

Ok, I'm just going to throw it out there: I dislike pets.

Said it, over, done.

Can someone please explain to me why they are so popular? Why you can't live without them?  It's really not the pets I dislike but the owners... more specifically the irresponsible ones which I think make up about 90%

I have a dog that is pooping in my FENCED yard. A dog pooping in my GARDEN.  And cats using MY KIDS sandbox as a litterbox (so now I get to check my kids' poop for pinworms  AND throw away about 75 dollars worth of awesome blue sand).

Besides the poop nonsense my kids are scared to check the mail in fear of dogs running and barking at them, I'm seriously considering getting dog pepper spray, so pet owners watch out!

Can you see why I might not like pets?

Having a pet would make me mentally ill, besides the pooping, barking and biting,  I would form a complex picking out the fur on my couch.

Can someone please explain to me why pets are so popular?

Why there is a dog park, but not a kid park in my neighborhood?

I don't get it. 

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

Get a stun gun (I can send you the info for a little one if you want). If the dogs here the noise of it, they run away.

Wendy said...

Oh man I hear you, my mom in law is the worst kind of dog lover. We lived with them for 1 1/2 years and I just about went mad. They (3 chihuahuas) poo in the house, bark all night, and she does things like let them lick her teeth and in her ear and shares food and drink with them. I had to ask on a few different occasions not to feed Ahnna off the same fork as them. Even drink the same hot chocolate she was letting them lick out of. disgusting, I hate animals.

NicKim Family said...

Okay, I fall into the 10% category...I hope. I own a dog. Will probably always own a dog. I pick up all the poop and dispose of it properly. I do not take her on a walk unless I have bags. I do not let my dog bark unless someone comes to the front door and then only for a second to let me know. I will never own a pet that sheds fur in my house. I do not let my dog off leash at parks as it irritates me to NO END when dogs run up to me, 3 small children and a small dog and I don't know the dog or owner. It is one of my biggest pet peeves ever! So there are dog owners who are responsible...hopefully I'm one of them and I share your frustration.

worth reading said...

Kim, you fall into the 10% -- I can only think of four dogs that don't bother me and yours was one :) -- I think it's the type of dog, it doesn't bark, shed, it's not aggressive .. it's like a little stuffed animal (perfect).

Wendy... that seriously made me gag. UGH!! I don't get it, I don't get it.

Lol, a stun gun? oh man, this is getting serious.

Tarah said...

Ugghh...Amen to what you just said...and yes, I realize I married a Vet, but no pets for us..okay we do have the fish, but for some reason I don't count those unless the kids say, "Can we get a pet?" oh look we already have one. I'm so sorry about the pooping and the worms and the blue sand (check walmart at the end of summer...I got bags of colored sand for .50 cents..probably different, but doesn't hurt to check).

Mrs.Goates said...

Raya is so stinkin cute! And why is that every kid thinks that a dishwasher is their personal step stool? I love that picture at the end of the two of you.

Post a Comment