Visitings

I guess I better blog about our trip to the west side a week and a half ago... since we are making the same trek again this weekend!  

We headed over to the west side to visit with Jeff's Grandma and Grandpa Horning.  The kids had a lot of fun as usual:
 Grandpa's lawn mower was one of the main attractions:

 I was able to lay down in my squishy mossy western Washington grass... Raya decided to lay on me.
 Went to the beach... oh how I love the ocean.  I love feeling so small.  And the perspective gained, that life is more than just yourself, that you're really just a small spec in time/world/etc.  It's an uplifting, peaceful feeling (really).  I used to go almost every day... now it's once every two months.  I love Pullman, but it sure is ugly.  Green fields for 2 months doesn't cut it for me.



 The boys' beach artwork:




 Helping Grandpa tear up the deck.  The boys' thought they were so big and tough with their crow bars.  Seth insisted he needed his shirt rolled up, to show off his manly arms.  However manly he looked, the fact that he called his shirt a "tankie top" reinforced to me that he was still my little boy... even if it's just for one more summer :)

1 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

You make me miss the Northwest! Man I love the beach, the green, and the family. Your kids are adorable and i can't believe how big Raya is getting - I know she's right behind Joyce, but seriously! She looks so big with those little pig tails!

Post a Comment