Girls week

This week the boys are spending time with their grandparents.... so that means it's just Raya and I this week!

It's kind'of ironic, but you don't really appreciate how easy having one child is until... you add a couple more.  I've been loving every minute with my little Raya!  Being the third, she's never had a lot of one-on-one time, so I'm making the most of it!

Yesterday... we slept in ... unlike the boys she'll cuddle with me on the bed for a while, had a very leisurely day with not activities or anyone to entertain... and then we went to Reaney Pool.  Just Raya.  1 is definitively easier than 3 in the pool!

Today, after my spin class, I was feeling pretty ambitious... I've never rode my bike long distance before.. (like not more than 8 miles) ... and I've never pulled the trailer either.  But what the heck right?  I've gone from 3 kids to 1 child  -- everything is easier!! -- Well, Raya and I biked down to the Moscow Aquatic Center,  swam around for two hours, then on our way back to Pullmlan we stopped to buy a book at Hastings for Raya -- all-n-all I biked 20-25 miles today!  I know that isn't a lot to... well to a lot of people -- but it felt awesome.  And now I am exhausted.

Moral of the story: Mother's with only one child at present: Take advantage of the mobility that you're allowed with one child!

2 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

Every once in a while it's nice to know that the reason you don't get everything done that you want is because you have kids, not because you are completely incapable of doing them.

Unknown said...

Well said, i can only imagine what three is like-we'll find out soon enough. The infamous strong man competition...so funny to see pictures!

Post a Comment