Raya

Some loves/thoughts/milestones on my little side-kick:
She sucks her blanket.  She does it when she wants comfort before bed.
She is a fantastic dancer... and has the most outrageous sidestep and twirls
She is giggly, and over-the-top girly: She runs with her arms flapping like a little bird, she squeals, she is constantly telling me that she is "scared" and wants to be picked up.
How did Jeff and I get such a girly girl? It's a complete mystery to me, but I love it.


I love her curly hair. AND that she always wants something in her hair.
She is extremely thoughtful and helpful and is always making sure her brothers have their hats, shoes, goggles, babies, blankets etc.
She would rather help me unload the dishwasher than play.
She loves riding her tricycle.
She knows her letters, and can sign them.
She knows a lot of the letters' sounds.
She can count to ten... assisted.  She'll go back and forth, she'll say 1... then I'll say 2.. then she'll say 3 ... etc
She knows her shapes and colors.
Some favorite books: Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems; Olivia by Ian Falconer; Bark George by Jules Feiffer; Hondo and Fabian by Peter McCarty; Rosie's Walk by Pat Hutchins;  and Whose Nose and Toes by John Butler.

0 comments:

Post a Comment