1 Summer day ='s 4 Regular days ... continued

I took the kids + Rory to Boyer park this morning.  I love the beach, even if it's a miniature one.  I remember the first time I saw Boyer Park, and thinking what an ugly place it was ... that it was tacky with it's parking lot camping.  After being away from the ocean for 6 years... I'll take what I can get, and now it has become a pleasant spot for me.

Is it weird that I like hanging out with kids?  They're so entertaining!  We made sand art...  pretended the water squirting from the squirt toys were fireworks, we buried our feet in the sand, and ate oreos.


"My Precious," -- I think Raya looks like Gollum here ... ok maybe not looks like Gollum, but her stance... you get the idea:

The day continued with more water fights... Raya got the hose to even things out, popsicles, Reaney Park, the kids first venture to the skate park (it was fun until the older kids showed up... and they were unbelievably rude), more bike riding at Lincoln Middle school (my new favorite hide out...), and $1 scoop Tuesday at Baskin Robins.

I love that there is still light outside as I type, and that my kids are up giggling in their bedroom -- talking away like they haven't seen each other all day.

1 comments:

Cali said...

I love how your blog turned out. It's so pretty! Can I be like you when I grow up? Or can I at least move next door to you? I can be fun when I have others around me also trying to do fun things.. but by myself? I struggle. I need to take lessons from you. :) You're kids are so stinkin cute.

Post a Comment