Summer Lovin' and a sidenote

It was the Summer Reading finale tonight -- crazy, this summer has gone by quick.  I look forward to this concert all summer --
 Victor Johnson @ Reaney Park :)
I love our library and the staff, and I'm glad that the kids have such a great relationship with them.  Today I decided I would walk to the library with the kids (a little over a mile) and they stopped to pick wild flowers along the way for Ms. Kathleen.  
We really do love and appreciate her.
 Concert, dancing, wrestling, warm summer night, giant lentil, free ice cream .... perfect.

Side note memory:  Something I don't want to forget (and kind'of do), we had to take Levi to the doctors last night, he wasn't able to walk on his foot because of an infection .... small, green, gross, red streaks. It was a thorn buried deep in his foot.  I was so impressed at how stoic Levi was... the doctor was digging with tweezers in a sensitive infected area... and still not getting deep enough to get the thorn out started digging with a needle.  You could tell he was in intense pain, but he stayed calm and braced the  pain.  Even with a tear trickling down his face he never yelled or cried.  I'm pretty sure I would have cried with someone digging in my foot like that.  The doctor was so impressed and said, "I wish every kid was that tough!"

I called the doctor at 5:20 ... got an appointment at 5:45 ... made it to Levi's tball game at 6:10.  That little guy is such a trooper, he still wanted to go to his game!

0 comments:

Post a Comment