The forgotten fourth..

Fourth of July has become my favorite holiday -- not necessarily because I'm overly patriotic... (because I'm not...) but because the Fourth of July has become more of a celebration of summer/life, celebrating more than just a flag or a war, but appreciating and recognizing and enjoying our wonderful world. Simply put: It's time to have fun!

Dan and Jane visited with us through the fourth.  We had so much fun, really, I hope they had as much fun as we did!  We went to the farmer's market, ate Mexican food, they spontaneously bought bikes (crazy!) and for their first bike ride in ... quite some years, rode the chipman trail. Jeff and I caught up with them and biked around Pullman ... their first day totaled about 15 miles!

There were lots of playing in the sprinkler, bubbles, cooking, flying airplanes and I'm sure lots of other little moments that I have forgotten by now.  The weather was pretty perfect too.

At the Johnson Parade:

 The quirkiest parade around:
 Family fun activities: watermelon eating contest, potato sack races, wheel barrow races, water balloon toss, and of course water balloon fight.
 Hanging out at Sunnyside -- the firefighters really liked the kids.  We have such a great community.
 Hanging out, staying up late.  The kids wrestled with their grandparents mainly...
 Jeff and I took it pretty easy :)
We had a fun weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment