blessed day

Me: "Jeff, I need a break,  ---- HINT."

.. yes I really do say "hint" when I give a "hint."
Jeff never has to worry about what I am thinking ;).  

As much as I love, adore, dote my kids.  Today, I needed a break.  (Jeff said he was kicked out of his house)

It was a wonderful 5 hours ...

I took a shower, and wasn't interrupted once.
I got ready, uninterrupted, and as slowly as I wanted.
I went to the store and was amazed at how fast it was to leave my car and enter the building.
I decided I wanted to wallow in the blessed silence; I took a book to read at the arboretum.

This sign greeted me:

Sounds good.

I read ... uninterrupted.  (there seems to be a trend)

Really, it doesn't seem all the spectacular: showering, dressing, shopping and reading.  But trust me, it was!

(And if you're worried about Jeff... don't be. He and the kids had a lovely afternoon by the river with chocolate milk and donuts.)

1 comments:

Kelli Dixon said...

Sounds heavenly! No matter how much we love to be with our kids, it's nice to have some time to re-energize!

Post a Comment