Red, White and Blue

Those were the shades of Raya this fourth of July.

Bloody, pale and bruised.

Isn't this an awful blog post already?
I hate this blog post.

Rae got her fingers crushed in between the bike gear and chain of our add-a-bike.
We couldn't get her fingers out.
I have never truly felt the feeling of panic until then.

I don't want to think about it.
I have this picture of Rae's unnaturally white fingers burned in my memory.

We broke our add-a-bike in the scramble to get her fingers out.
I honestly thought she was going to lose the tips of her fingers.

But she is fine. We spent our Fourth of July evening in the ER for a couple hours.
Raya has come a long way since this post: http://ritterrecord.blogspot.com/2011/02/tears.html
She didn't cry during the ride to the hospital or waiting at the hospital, she was patient with the nurses and doctors proddings and having her hand x-rayed.

She even handled the doctor cleaning out the wound without any anesthetics.
The doctor looked at us and said we have a very tough daughter.  It's true.

I don't think Raya should ever get hurt; she is too special.

We left the ER at 9:00.... and Raya really wanted to see the fireworks.
So we stopped to see the fire works.
I am one tired, frazzled, grateful mommy!

1 day later:
I am amazed at how quickly our bodies recover themselves:



1 comments:

Kelli Dixon said...

Oh dear, I'm glad she is okay!

Post a Comment